Beachwood BBQ in Seal Beach, CA will be hosting their second annual beer dinner featuring The Bruery on October 11, 2010. Chef and owner Gabe Gordon will prepare a six-course meal using the techniques of molecular gastronomy that will include such exotic treats as kangaroo and a duck tamale with foie gras air and cotton candy. If this isn’t exciting enough already, Patrick Rue, CEO of The Bruery, will be there to continue pushing the envelope with beer pairings that will include such rarities as Barrel Aged Coton, Melange No. 3, and yes—Black Tuesday. This food and beer experience will be available for $85 plus tax and gratuity. Reservations are a must.
Beachwood BBQ, despite being younger than four years, has already won national recognition and been named among the best beer bars on planet earth in BeerAdvocate magazine for two years running. The Bruery, which is still only a little over two years old, has had a similar stratospheric rise in prominence since the release of Black Tuesday. Expect boundaries and taste buds to be pushed to their limits.
See the entire menu and how to get reservations after the jump.
Via e-mail direct from Beachwood BBQ
Beachwood BBQ and The Bruery…
In celebration of LA Beer Week, Beachwood BBQ is delighted to be hosting our second annual beer dinner featuring The Bruery. As many of you know, for special dinners we like to change things up from the BBQ that you are familiar with. For this particular evening we have planned a six course molecular gastronomy dinner. For those of you unfamiliar with this style of cooking, we’re taking familiar ingredients and reintroducing them to you using a host of advanced cooking techniques and equipment.
Because of the experimental nature of the beers produced by The Bruery we thought it appropriate to pair their beers with this style of food. Patrick Rue and his team will be on hand to guide you through the beers.
Now to get down to business
- The dinner will be held on Monday October 11, 2010.
- There will be ONE SEATING at 6:30pm.
- The cost of this six course dinner including beer is $85/person. (plus tax and gratuity)
- Before and after the event, the bar will be available for you to enjoy pre and post dinner brews.
- This is a reservation only dinner. The seating will be limited to 40 people. No parties larger than 4. Parties of 2 may be seated with other parties of 2. The option to split meals is not available. The regular menu will not be available.
- Credit card numbers will be taken to secure reservations.
- Reservations must be cancelled 48 hours before the event or you will be charged the full amount of the dinner.
- Reservations are on a first come, first served basis. In order to make your reservation you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email you must include, name, phone number and number of people in your party. You will be notified by email if your reservation has been made. We will contact you directly for a credit card confirmation.
The menu is as follows, please note no modifiers or substitutions and there will be no vegetarian option available. Food allergies need to be discussed with Gabe ahead of time to ensure you can participate. The menu might alter slightly as better ideas are born.
Soup, Salad and LN2
Paired with Saison de Lente
Halibut “Filet” and Crab
Paired with Gunga Galangal
Duck Tamale, Foie Gras Air and Cotton Candy
Paired with Autumn Maple
Kangaroo with Mango and Juniper
Paired with Old Towne Red
A Study of Textures by Way of Cheese and Berries
Paired with Mélange #7
Paired with Barrel Aged Coton, Black Tuesday and Mélange #3.